Dr Jane Taylor
Specialist Sport & Exercise Physician
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Bachelor of Medical Science, 1st class honours (Cardiology)
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Medicine (Specialist Sport & Exercise Physician)
Former Team Doctor to:
- West Coast Eagles AFLW
- West Coast Eagles WAFL (assistant doctor)
- NRL Cronulla Sharks (assistant doctor)
- U-20 Cronulla Sharks
- NSWRL Manly Sea Eagles
- Young Matildas (U-20)
- Junior Matildas (U-16)
- Subiaco Lions WAFL
- East Perth WAFL (assistant doctor)
- Young Socceroos (training camp doctor)
Event Medical Director for:
- Australian Open of Surf 2017 (WSL qualification series)
Event Doctor For:
- Expedition doctor, Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- World Junior Surf Titles, NSW
- Australian U20s Rugby Union training camp
- Sixfoot track marathon
- FIVB Volleyball World League
- Junior Matildas team doctor AFC U-16 Women’s Championship 2017 (Vietnam)
- Young Matildas team doctor AFC U-19 Women’s Championship / FIFA U-20 World Cup Qualifier (China)
- FINA water polo world league inter-continental cup
- Female athletes
- Exercise prescription
- Non-surgical management of osteoarthritis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Ultrasound Guided in-clinic procedures
- Australasian College of Sports Physicians
- Sports Medicine Australia
Publication & Research:
- Presence of bone marrow oedema in asymptomatic elite fast bowlers: Implications for management.
Taylor J, Saw AE, Saw R, Sims K, Kountouris A.
Bone. 2021 Feb;143:115626. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2020.115626. Epub 2020 Sep 3. PMID: 32891868.
Dr Taylor has a strong belief in exercise for health, which should be attainable by all no matter their ability. She is dedicated to keeping her patients active, whether starting from scratch or getting them race ready following injury.
Jane has been successful in competition in a range of action sports including Downhill and Enduro mountain biking, cable wakeboarding, kitesurfing, and most recently kite-foil racing. She is currently dedicated to kite-foil race training however previous passions have also included surfing, road cycling & criterium racing, running, ocean swimming, triathlon and snow-sports.
Book An Appointment:
Please note that Dr Couanis is only currently available at our Claremont practice.